Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Adventures with a 1937 (115C) Convertible Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
JW- I was interested in your paint scheme on the generator. Is the brush band supposed to be Packard green, or did you do that for a little more flair? If it is supposed to be green, is the band on the starter supposed to be green as well? Both on my car are black, and I had just assumed that was correct, because it was my understanding that the majority of the engine accessories are black. In fact, I think it was you that pointed out that I incorrectly painted my fan green (it's now black, thanks!)

Posted on: 2012/2/26 19:46
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Ken, Yes, I painted the band on the generator green for a bit more bling. You are correct, the band should be black. I also painted the generator a gloss black when the correct color should be a satin black. I have not gotten to the starter, that is why is still all black. I intend to refinish it to match the generator. I am also going to replace all the visible fasteners with stainless steel ones for a bit more bling. I have a set of stainless steel nuts for the cylinder head, but need to get washers before I do the change. These changes will be incorrect from original, but will result in a more attractive engine, in my opinion.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/2/27 11:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
SS....tehe...bling bling...

Posted on: 2012/2/27 11:38
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hello All,s

This past Sunday (March 4th) drove the 115C to the Austin Cars and Coffee in nearby Leander. Don't know why it is called by the Austin name and not the Leander name where it is held on the first Sunday of the month.

This was the first nice first Sunday we had this year. January's C&C was not held because of the holiday and February's event was a no show because of rain. This was the second display of the '37 at this event but about a year between showings. It drew a lot of attention and received many favorable comments. Sorry no photos, I left the camera at home.

This time it was not the only Packard at the event. A 5th Series 1928 Single Six Sedan made an appearance along with a 1931 Cadillac Roadster. Don't know if the Packard was a 303 or 305, but believe it was a 303. I have seen this Packard before at Salado.

I will not be back until at least the May event. On Sunday April I will be returning to Austin from the 35th Annual Texas Packard Meet in Salado.

Thanks for your time, and take care.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/3/5 22:48
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved