Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 132

bkazmer, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

My Story-Please read
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
Hi i was recommended by a very nice gentleman about putting my story up on this website. I meet him at the annual AACA meeting in Philadelphia this past weekend. I am a 20 year old college student attending Pennsylvania College of Technology. I just bought my first Packard right before Christmas last year. It is a 56 Packard Clipper 2 dr hardtop. I am currently employed at a restoration shop which i a grateful that they are letting me work on it on weekends. Someday i want to be able to win an AACA junior and senior awards with it. Thanks a lot for reading.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 18:05
 Top  Print   

Re: My Story-Please read
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for stopping in and sharing your story. How about keeping us updated on your restoration progress from time to time with some pictures. And many folks here are more than glad to help with any questions you might have on your 56 Clipper.

Any chance I could get the VN from your car, and the "thief-proof" number - that's the large embossed number on the cowl above the heater box. Probably begins with a "D" followed by 5 digits.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 18:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome adressler, to a most helpful Packard forum.
Congratulations on your acquisition of a Packard.
Please give us more details and pictures.
A nice gent named Mal will be along shortly to ask for a small favor. Humor him - he is a good fellow.
Please humor Owen-Dyneto also with his request for the two identifying numbers on your Clipper.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 20:14
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
My theif code is D17852. and the vn is 56472647. it sat for the last 5 years. the previous owner wanted to fix up the car. it has minor rust issues at the bottom of the quarter panels in front of the tires. it was once repaired by another person and now the repair is failing. it has two small holes in the bottom of each fender behind the wheels. The car ran into a garage door with some other owner and slighty dented each fender. the previous owner tried to fix the passenger fender but left it bare for five years. i was able to clean all the surface rust off of it with metal cleaner and painted it to match. It doesnt match to well haha. i almost have it running hopeing this weekend to get it running. here are some pics of it.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 20:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Aaron,
Like to add my to those already made. How about creating a Project Blog on the Site and we can all follow along as you progress with the restoration of your Clipper.

Plus I'm the guy Randy warned you of when he said "....A nice gent named Mal will be along shortly to ask for a small favor. Humor him - he is a good fellow...." The favour is this, could you please include your '56 Clipper 2 Door Hardtop in the Packard Owner's Registry?

Posted on: 2012/2/13 20:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
its added to the directory :) i am also going to start the project blog so people can follow.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 20:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
adressler wrote:its added to the directory :)....
Aaron,

So it is! I acknowledged it's arrival in the Registry in this post, but your change of Forum Name from eagles6169 to adressler didn't let me connect it with you today. Until now. But be warned, because you changed your Forum Name you now won't be able to change/update/edit the Registry entry. But never fear, if need be contact BigKev, our Webmaster, or myself for any alterations required.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 21:21
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
thanks i am hoping you have changed it for me. Thanks everyone for helping me out.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 21:26
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

FPTGearhead
See User information
Welcome too from a fellow Packard lover...

My son is a 2001 graduate of Penn College. He studied Aviation Tech. and received his Airframe and Powerplant FAA certificate. He is now working at Gulfstream Aviation in Savannah GA fixing corporate jets all around the world. Penn College was just what he needed. What are you studying and would love to hear more about the Packard. I have a 1938 Eight.

DJ

Posted on: 2012/2/14 15:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
adressler: Thanks for making the effort to provide me with your VN and thief-proof numbers. As it turns out I already had that data from when the car was listed in an old roster of Packards dating back quite some years. Best of luck with your car!

Posted on: 2012/2/14 15:21
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved