Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
63 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 62

Grand Kid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Aaron's First Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Here's what i have on my 56 Executive (same as Clipper):

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2686&forum=12&post_id=27924#forumpost27924

U mite want to read thru the entire thread. There are pics of my set up here in this forum too but i just can't find them rite now.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 21:56
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Would be interesting to hear his experiences. I know there have been comments on the Chevy and Buick forums that somewhat parallel ours.

There are some on the forum who have never had a failure and point to the fact that many mfgs and millions of cars used the unit in the day without problems. There are others who have had sudden failures, some even with newly rebuilt units, and with some expensive results. Others have had failures which turned out to be a problem with a line or hose but initially blamed on the BTV. Fortunately, I don't believe anyone has been injured in any of the incidents.

The issue you will find is that due to the different method of operation, no modern unit will just drop in. All vacuum boosters will require some method of increasing the pedal ratio from the BTV's 1:1 to somewhere between 4 and 5:1. Some have mounted a new unit high on the firewall and use the existing pedal with a different actuating point to achieve the ratio, others in the air vent opening with a new pedal and others considerably modify the existing pedal and mounts to keep the unit in the original space. Some of us are still working on a different approach using the original location but trying to keep the interior somewhat stock looking. The Electro-boost is being tried by at least one member. No matter which you choose, all will result in a non stock look somewhere though and to some, that is a concern.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 22:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information

Posted on: 2012/2/13 22:11
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Aaron Dressler
See User information
Sorry for not giving updates but school had me busy for a while. But today I was able to get it back on the road after 5 years of sitting. It was the most enjoyable thing i got to experience in a car. The torsion level is working and i have nothing to complain about. I changed all the fluids before the my test run and hooked up all the wiring. I an excited to be able to drive it. Now the winter i will start on the body

Posted on: 2012/4/7 16:21
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved