Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 212

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

wiring harness
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

50packardkid
See User information
Hello all,

Working on finding a good company to make a wiring harness. I've come across "YnZ yesterdays parts", "Narragansett reproductions" and "Harnesses Unlimited" the folks that I have talked to at the companys said they make everything by hand and the harnesses are to factory spec's (they said they have the schematics for colors and connections).

Has anyone dealt with any of these guys and are they as good as they sound? Or is there another company that anyone has used and is happy with the work?

Thanks,
Jason

Posted on: 2012/4/13 16:27
 Top  Print   

Re: wiring harness
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
In addition to those you mentioned, have you looked in the Packard Club Yellow Pages?

http://www.packardclub.org

Posted on: 2012/4/13 16:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't know about YnZ but Narragansett and Harnesses Unlimited have had many happy customers - they've pretty much been the standard for restorers for many years.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 17:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
I just got a quote for a complete wiring harness, bumper to bumper, for my 51 Packard Patrician 400 from a company that is listed in the latest issue of The Cormorant. $1205 plus shipping and 3 weeks to make. He is a dealer for Harnesses Unlimited. I tought it was high but to factory specs and bumper to bumper, I guess it's not THAT bad.

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/4/13 17:24
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear Packard Kid:

Yes they are as good as they sound. I've used Narragansett and Harnesses Unlimited.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 17:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
I've used Harnesses Unlimited for my '40 120 ages ago. They're wonderful people, go the extra mile, good quality.
For some reason, i used Potomac Packard's harness in my '47 Super Clipper. When i bought from them, they were in VA, just outside Washington, DC. Just checked online and they're in Georgia. 1 (706) 782-2345
I was happy with both of them.

Posted on: 2012/4/13 18:02
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

50packardkid
See User information
Thanks for the information guys, I'm not to electrical savvy but it feels like these are guys to work with.

Posted on: 2012/4/14 9:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
I sprung for a wiring harness ,I did the engine harness and the dash harness ,it made HUGE difference in reliability ,Im much more confident the car will get somewhere AND back .Im also very happy with my points replacer pertronix unit

Posted on: 2012/4/15 19:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I used Rhode Island Wiring for my 1950 harness. They had everything and answered my questions nicely over the phone when I has issues. The cost was about $1000.

Posted on: 2012/4/16 14:33
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved