Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 136

JW49, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: My 633 Club Coupe
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
Thank you Todd - those are excellent pictures and reveal a lot about the number of pieces, their shape,approximate dimension and how they are joined. Do you have a clear shot of more of the roof from above that shows the exposed wood?

Rod

Posted on: 2012/4/20 16:03
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

danh
See User information
Rod,if you go to the forums,general,and do a search for "I bought a 29 packard" you can see my car.There is even a you tube video of it running.I'll try so send some recent pictures tomorrow.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 20:39
dan
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
Dan - I agree with the others that what you have done to resurrect the car is amazing! It looks like you have fabricated new floor sills. Did you work from the originals? What about the door pillars. Did you replace those as well? I look forward to more pics.

Here's a pic of the car loaded on the flatbed for the ride home.

Rod

Attach file:

jpg  (181.01 KB)
4507_4f9231bcb6e1c.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2012/4/20 23:04
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

danh
See User information
My car was so bad that most of the wood was gone.I was also missing the complete cowl section,it was lost in a fire.When looking for a replacement I located a 28 sedan body the was missing the roof in california.From that I used the cowl,the doors (wich needed to be shortened an inch and a half) the rear floor section wich is metal,unlike the coupe that is wood,the floor as a pattern,the wood from the center pillars,and other wood pieces around the rear window ,etc. We (my dad) still need to make the wood for in the roof,as soon as I get all the metal work done.then I can tear it all down to the frame and start rebuilding everything.Heres some recent pics

Attach file:

jpg  (105.58 KB)
3038_4f92bb3bcecc7.jpg 1200X900 px

jpg  (101.55 KB)
3038_4f92bb77053b2.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/4/21 8:53
dan
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
Hi Dan - You and your dad have put a lot of thought and time into bringing your car back to life. I'll be following the progress updates.

Thanks
Rod

Posted on: 2012/4/21 9:41
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
I just went back and re-read Dan's thread, which he referred to earlier, I bought a 1929 Packard and the transformation is amazing.

Posted on: 2012/4/21 17:13
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

danh
See User information
Thanks for the complements guys,its been more fun than any other project i've had! It must be a packard thing.But back to your car Rod,do you plan on a full body off restore or making it a driver? Does it run?

Posted on: 2012/4/22 6:26
dan
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
Hi Dan - no the engine does not run. Over the years, and various owners, some parts have gone missing (e.g. carb, engine side covers, valves). The car requires a total body-off restoration so it will be a long-term labour of love but my view is these beautiful old cars deserve preservation. Here are a couple of pics of the engine compartment.

I'm not sure what the future holds for these old cars. I read the comments posted yesterday about rescuing old cars from the shredder. Are young people into restoring these vintage cars? Who will keep the hobby alive?

Rod

Attach file:

jpg  (44.01 KB)
4507_4f941c2d489db.jpg 639X479 px

jpg  (46.25 KB)
4507_4f941c3887b63.jpg 639X479 px

Posted on: 2012/4/22 10:01
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

danh
See User information
To bad about the engine pieces missing,there out the but the can be pricey. I bought an original carb to get my car running for $300 that I won't be using on the finish car,and the manifold,which has been welded up, if your interested when you get that far.As far as who is going to fix up these cars, who knows. There's a lot of guys cutting up repairable cars like yours to build ratrods so we have to get them first.My car won't be all origanal but I'm keeping as much packard as I can,as laest it will be on the road insted of scraped.

Attach file:

jpg  (118.12 KB)
3038_4f9546f2251d2.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/4/23 7:11
dan
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Rod Seabrook
See User information
Hi Dan - I sent you a PM re: the carb. Let me know.

Thanks

Rod

Posted on: 2012/4/23 21:10
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved