Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wonderful afternoon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
I took a nice drive today and spent a wonderful afternoon with Roger Lamm, his beautifully restored 47 Clipper Taxi, and other Packards. This was one of the more enjoyable afternoons I've spent in a while and the time off from working on the home improvements did me a lot of good.

It also gave me a tremendous boost to see the energy and enthusiasm that Roger has for Packards. It helped to encourage me in my search for parts. He showed me his latest project that he has been gathering parts for over a 5 year period. Now that is dedication!

Thanks again to Roger for his encouragement as I search for parts to restore my 39 Super 8 to strong original running condition.

Gene

Posted on: 2012/4/21 21:04
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Re: Wonderful afternoon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Gene, it might well be that the most of us know Roger as packardtaximan.

Click to see original Image in a new window
Roger Lamm poses next to his fully-restored 1947 Packer Clipper taxi in the driveway of his Galesburg home.

"...That taxi is probably my favorite car to show," Lamm said. "But I don't know if I have a favorite Packard. I have a soft spot for all of them, because each has their own story..."

--> This way please to read the full article.

[source of picture and quotation:http://www.galesburg.com]

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2012/4/21 21:34
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
Probably so but, to me, he will be Roger. He has an enthusiasm that is contagious. This afternoon's visit passed too quickly as we shared thoughts and ideas. But, mostly just talked about these grand old cars and the future.
I've been working close to 12 hours days 7 days a week a couple of months now and needed the time to just visit and cannot think of a nicer person to visit with. Roger is a blessing.
I'll be without work again in a couple of weeks with no sure job lined up yet but I'll soon be finished with the house and ready to devote all of my time to the cars.
Gene

Posted on: 2012/4/21 22:00
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Gene,

Roger Lamm is the gentleman who came to my rescue when I was in need of a water pump housing, after I had destroyed my casting while trying to press the shaft out.

Only having been on this forum a short time, I was amazed at the response I received from Roger. He sent me a used casting immediately for just the cost of shipping. I then ordered a rebuilt one from Merritt, and sent the good one back for the core charge... saved me $100.

I know you must have had a great time... I hope I get to meet him someday.

Also, nice to have a photo to attach a face to the name!

Posted on: 2012/4/21 23:36
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
did the same thing for me...although i used the pump on my car. Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/4/23 8:52
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Thanks for the kind words guys. It makes me feel good when I can help out a fellow Packard enthusiast. It is refreshing to see some of the younger generation on the website. Many thanks to Big Kev and his support group for their dedication and hard work to set up this forum and keep it the best of the best. Packardtaximan

Posted on: 2012/4/23 15:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Roger, did you see the "Taxi" roof sign in the Kanter Auto pictures posted by Owen. Joel

Posted on: 2012/4/23 18:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Joel, Thanks for pointing it out, I missed it the first time through. I must be slipping in my old days. It would look good setting on the roof of our LWB New York City taxi. Do you think it is for sale?

Posted on: 2012/4/23 23:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved