Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 197

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Super 8 limo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
I found a 37 Packard Super 8 limo for sale locally! I'm just excited that it's local as I almost never see pre-war Packards for sale locally. Anyway, what do I need to look for to verify the actual correct model? Sometimes people advertise Packards and they don't really know what they have. In the pics it has dual sidemounts and 3 rows of seats but that's all you can really tell.

Posted on: 2012/5/13 11:50
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 Super 8 limo
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The vehicle number on the patent plate (engine side of cowl) tells it all. What's the #?

If the tag is missing, let's start with the number of cylinders and the wheelbase. I assume from your thread title it's got 8 cylinders and thus not a Twelve. Is the distributor vertical on the top of cylinder head (Super Eight)?

Does it have a divider window between the front and rear?

The first section of the vehicle number will define the car. Some possibilities are:

1014 - sedan 5-7 pass
1014B - sedan 5-7 pass (commercial car)
1015 - limousine 5-7 pass
1015B - limousine 5-7 pass (commercial car)

All are on the 139 inch wheelbase.

Posted on: 2012/5/13 12:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved