Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Showroom photo
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
This showroom photo (which IMHO was taken at a less than flattering angle), includes the view of a very large something under the car.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=9122&cid=58

The wheel pads, I can understand but it looks like they are a part of a large box affair. If someone knows what it is, enlighten me please. If it was something to keep oil drops off the floor and stayed there -- wouldn't think being that large it was the best impression to give a prospective buyer.

Attach file:

jpg  (26.22 KB)
209_4fb597717f70b.jpg 347X298 px

Posted on: 2012/5/17 19:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Showroom photo
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
PRoabbaly a big mirror under the car mounted in the big framed box under the car. Most likely the pads that the wheel are setting on has rollers to make the car easy to move around the show room. Otherwise i don't really know for sure.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 19:35
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm wondering what that little 3 x 5 card looking thing is stuck in the grill.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 19:37
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Must be a very EARLY pic. 55 in t he background and a 56 in the foreground??? Leaves on trees in background make it no earlier than late April in Michigan.

Note what appears to be a 30's model (maybe truck) in background next to the 55.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 19:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Strange photo. Look at the "P" in the window. Directly to the rite of "P" there appears to be something that resembles a dinner bell or maybe one of those sight-seeer binocular things on a white post.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 19:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It's in a showroom with Packard across the window. I cropped the photo down to just the car. Showroom looks like it might be empty so maybe as rough as it appears, it is something for positioning the car??? The caption on the photo says 56 Clipper on display. If that's the case maybe it is already positioned and it stays there. It just struck me as odd they would have a showroom photo with that ugly thing showing.

Posted on: 2012/5/17 19:54
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...Directly to the rite of "P" there appears to be something that resembles a dinner bell or maybe one of those sight-seeer binocular things on a white post.

Very imaginative. After using one of those sight-seeer binocular things I believe it is a gimballed spotlight.

Attach file:

jpg  (33.76 KB)
757_4fb606f48b9a7.jpg 500X532 px

Posted on: 2012/5/18 3:23
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...Most likely the pads that the wheel are setting on has rollers to make the car easy to move around the show room...

Howard, to verify Keith's idea I asked the manager to turn the Clipper. Now it becomes more and more apparent that he was headed in the right direction (click to enlarge or ring the dinner bell).

Click to see original Image in a new window

8x9 black and white Packard Co. file photograph of a 1956 Packard custom Clipper 4-door sedan, three-quarter front view, dual white sidewall tires, on display in showroom. Stamped on photo back; Competitive Analysis Photographs Using the Pratt Formula, Series #23, 1956 Packard Clipper custom 4-door sedan.

Item # EB01e614

Photo courtesy of the Detroit Public Library, National Automotive History Collection and used with permission.

Posted on: 2012/5/18 3:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...I'm wondering what that little 3 x 5 card looking thing is stuck in the grill...

I believe, this seller worked with information cards. Look, they are on every side.

--> right side view

--> rear view

One cannot rule out the possibility that it was written on

See you in half a century on PackardInfo.com!

Posted on: 2012/5/18 3:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks Keith and Gerd. Obviously I didn't search the archives very well. Answers the question of what so now the question is how do they get the car off the mover -- drive or lift.

Posted on: 2012/5/18 8:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved