Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

kick down switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
my overdrive is not kicking down correctly. The OD will freewheel ok, but won't get out of overdrive when goosed. I have a spare NOS kickdown switch. How do I test the operation of it on the bench?

Posted on: 2012/5/27 16:00
 Top  Print   

Re: kick down switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If on your 51, should work like this. If older car with R9 then just a two terminal switch in relay coil ground circuit. Normally closed and will open, releasing relay when plunger pushed.

Attach file:

jpg  (23.99 KB)
209_4fc299144eb65.jpg 327X498 px

Posted on: 2012/5/27 16:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
OK, you have me scratching my head a bit with what you said. When the car is in overdrive it should not freewheel unless it is below engagement speed. If she is freewheeling above say 25 or so then the OD has never really engaged. Perhaps I just misunderstand you.

Posted on: 2012/5/27 19:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I'm not convinced that the car is actually in overdrive. I need to attach a temporary tach to it so that I can see the revs while driving. But I do know that it goes into freewheeling.

Posted on: 2012/5/27 23:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved