Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 74

HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Some one teach me
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

garrett
See User information
I have a 1953 Packard cavilier or 300. Some one tell me what parts can be taken dro what years. Do I have a good motor is it worth all the money I'm dumping? Just any general or info on my car would be sweet thanks guys I do know the block size and that it has an ultramatic trans I just need to know more u need a front drivers fender and am having trans issue.
Thanks again
- Garrett

Posted on: 2012/6/16 10:51
I need a hand in life.
 Top  Print   

Re: Some one teach me
Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Hi Garrett,
There's plenty of stuff here to teach you. There is general info on your car in the Packard Model Info section. Under the Packard Literature and Manuals sections there is a 1951-1954 Service Manual and more detailed manuals on Ultramatic. There is also a 1948-1954 Parts manual to help you determine what parts in your car were used in other Packards. If you describe more fully the problem or problems you are having, someone here can probably help you. For example, describe more specifically what kind of issue you are having with the transmission. Hope that helps!
Ken

Posted on: 2012/6/16 12:55
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Duane Gunn
See User information
I know this post is 6 weeks old but...
Is the car worth it? Only if it has sentimental value. It is cheaper to buy a car done than to restore it. I have spent $35,000 on repairing a 1955 Clipper Custom Sedan and it is not worth any where near that much. Since then I have put on over 55,000 miles and I am having fun. Yes I could have bought a car cheaper and done the same thing, but I did not know it at the time and I thought I did not have that kind of money. I still don't have that kind of money. I just bought a 40 160 Sedan and put that kind of money into it and I am not done yet. The 40 160 is beautiful, but not done yet.
If the car has been in the family for years then yes it is worth doing and the guys here in this forum would love to help you by giving advice but you get to do all the work.
Good luck and have fun. I am!

Posted on: 2012/8/6 22:23
1955 Clipper Custom
1940 160 Touring Sedan
1953 Patrician
1948 Super 8 Limo
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Duane.........you kept track? I'm thinking about burning my receipts before I tally things up one day!

Posted on: 2012/8/6 22:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
gman,,bryant, packard used to be in oceanside, but it long gone now, ,, or Fred could of helped you out,

Posted on: 2012/8/6 23:07
Riki
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved