Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 144

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

47 Brake Light Switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Hi Everyone,
Can someone point me in the right direction to find the brake light switch on a 47 Custom Super?
Thanks,
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/16 14:33
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 Brake Light Switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Isn't it in the brass Y block where lines connect on the end of master cylinder?

Posted on: 2012/6/16 14:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Howard, found the brake light switch.

I am not getting power to the switch. I tested the switch with direct power from the battery and the switch works. It looks like power should come from a lead on top of the voltage regulator via a green wire, but that lead is dead. Petty much everything else on the car works. Is it possible that a voltage regulator can partially fail and lose just one or more leads?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/16 18:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On my diagram it shows the brake lite feed off the headlight switch.

Battery connects to post on starter solenoid which connects and feeds ammeter. Other side of ammeter goes back to B terminal on regulator and also to bat side of ign sw. That same ign sw terminal feeds the headlight switch. In addition to lights which are protected by a circuit breaker, there are 2 extra fuses on the headlight switch for feed to various body functions. The green wire to stop light sw is fed off the fuse closest to firewall.

I don't see any green wires on the regulator. Large black from ammeter to B, Large red from generator to A, 2 smaller black on the ground screw or terminal, and smaller color I can't make out from the field on generator to F. If you have that starter safety circuit, then there shows another smaller black from one of the solenoid coil terminals to the regulator A terminal.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 18:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Howard, I owe you big time.
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/16 19:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Hi Everybody,
A basic question. Can the dash switches be accessed somehow from the front of the dash or is the only alternative from underneath or pulling the dash altogeher?
Thanks,
Mark

Attach file:

jpg  (128.95 KB)
4217_4fde2be955445.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/6/17 14:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't think it will be possible to work from front. The switches are mounted to the chrome piece which in turn is mounted to dash. While it might be possible to remove the radio and separate chrome from dash, don't believe the wires will be long enough for switches to come forward much and some of the switches won't clear the slots in dash.

Attach file:

jpg  (74.00 KB)
209_4fde308183585.jpg 1000X636 px

Posted on: 2012/6/17 14:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Howard,
That was what I suspected. I guess I need to find some Hobbits that are Packard fans.
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/17 14:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I haven't tried it but was thinking it might be possible to remove radio and then unscrew all the switches from chrome. Chrome is held by 4 screws - 2 on top in those recessed pockets near top switches and 2 vertical from inside bottom of dash into bottom of chrome. Doesn't look like there is anything overlapping so might be possible to remove that much and work thru the large radio opening

Posted on: 2012/6/17 14:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Howard, I might give that a try. Seems like working from underneath just doesn't work.
I hope I can return the favor of your help someday.
Mark

Posted on: 2012/6/17 17:46
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved