Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
64 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 63

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Harley's 46 Clipper Deluxe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom
See User information
Question on Vent. Several years ago I removed the vent that runs from the front of the car into a vent opening in the firewall. It appears to be about a 3" tube, but I am not sure what it looks like. Does anyone know if these are available or can give me a picture of what it should look like. Picture of firewall vent and opening in front of car below.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.47 KB)
4619_4fe1e736c43cb.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (31.05 KB)
4619_4fe1e744b00ed.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/6/20 10:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Harley's 46 Clipper Deluxe- Question on Vent
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
From the 1946 Accessories Catalog, looks like it may just be a straight metal tube

Edit: Couldn't attach the snapshot from the accessories catalog, but it is shown in the 1946 Data Book on this site.

Posted on: 2012/6/20 12:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Harley's 46 Clipper Deluxe- Question on Vent
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Very observant. I thought that entire box setup was in the engine compartment and never connected the two. My bad.

Here is the info from the 46 fact book available on site. McMaster again has different types of straight ducting or as maybe do the home centers. Could one assume the tube is ordinary painted black metal like the later ducts? McMaster also has a couple of angle rings which might be an appropriate finish or anti vibration at the hole in front or would Packard just have used rubber or canvas?

How far is the entire setup away from the manifolds? Kind of makes service to some items look interesting.

Attach file:

jpg  (21.57 KB)
209_4fe210727a51d.jpg 518X438 px

Posted on: 2012/6/20 12:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved