Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
201 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 196

Joe Krzan, jsa03781, Ozstatman, Don B, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Will it work?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

jdp3
See User information
Ok...first question...here it goes!

One of the first things I did when I got my Packard was strip the nasty old interior. Being blessed with a solid car, complete with solid trunk and floor pans, there was literally no metal work to be done. I wire brushed, cleaned, and painted the trunk and floors with POR-15. Have used the stuff for many years with very good results.

My question is this. I've read the thread about trunks, and I know mine would have originally been flocked. I, however, would like to update a little and either carpet or rubber mat the trunk. I've seen, as I'm sure some of you have too, a seller on eBay selling precut trunk coverings. They are listed for a Patrician though. I spoke to the gent on the phone, and he isn't certain it will work in the 200. Doesn't want to sell me something that won't work...which is very commendable.

Will it work? I have a hard time believing the Pat and the Base model had different trunks. Here is a link in case you haven't seen this before. Thoughts anyone?

eBay

Posted on: 2012/6/25 18:47
 Top  Print   

Re: Will it work?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I would think it would fit because there appears to be only one set of mats for all models 51-4.

If you look at group 31.1502 there is insulation, trunk compartment floor and then a right, left, and center piece. 31.1503 is lining, trunk compartment front which may actually be the cardboard on back of seat and not part of mat. Irregardless of what they actually are, the same part number fits all models.

Posted on: 2012/6/25 19:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Will it work?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bobby
See User information
I agree that the size shouldn't be a problem. It would be important to actually see the mat, it's unclear why the seller wouldn't post a pic. The description of 'Tweed' is also unclear, maybe I'm being too literal, but to me, Tweed' is a repeating pattern. The mat in my '54 is a fairly uniform light brown material with a low, velour like quality, and no pattern at all.

I've had great difficulty trying to match much of anything to the trunk, the material doesn't seem to be available, and once the flocking that's sprayed on the sides of the trunk is gone, there doesn't seem to be a substitute for it...has anyone found something?...so, my advice would be to decide what you're planning to do with the rest of the trunk and then have the mat/flooring match..it's actually the easiest part there to duplicate, any auto parts store sells material that can be cut to fit.

Posted on: 2012/6/25 20:48
1954 black Patrician, unrestored, mostly original, minty!!
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved