Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Ernie Vitucci, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Multi-car storage solutions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Always buy bigger than you think you need.

Truer words were never spoken, written or sent telepathically --

There must be a rule on this. Think it goes something like "the amount of stuff you've collected will always be at least double what you thought you had.

Amen!

Posted on: 2012/7/11 22:40
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bobby
See User information
I have 4 cars, and a three car garage. When I built my home, I spec'd extra wide garage doors and an 15+' ceiling height to accommodate lifts, which I have, giving me total indoor capacity for 6 cars. This not only allows for neat, inside storage, but also easy access to undercarriage maintenance.

If your ceiling height is over 15', this is really the only way to fly...it is mucho convenient, your wifey will tolerate this far better than the cars making a mess of themselves in your driveway (the fairer sex worries about such matters), it makes any underside work (or just browsing!) a snap, and all your babies are together, where they belong.

I'd stay away from barns or other primitivia, others joke about rodent and wild life damage, but the chances of that occurring in their natural habitat are really quite significant. One of those self storage places (yes, for cars) is a far better approach, with maybe one of those all encompassing inflatable balloon thingies ('Car condoms')for extra protection.

Posted on: 2012/7/12 9:13
1954 black Patrician, unrestored, mostly original, minty!!
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jim Eubanks
See User information
I ran out of inside space and bought a refer semi trailer. Took the axles out and set it down on blocks and built a ramp to it. I have my 29 626, 32 Ford tudor and a 55 bird in it. The refers do not sweat like storage containers and also are reasonably mouse proof.

Posted on: 2012/7/12 19:10
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved