Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Cafe Press Items
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Owen -

I enjoy the continued posts and contributions that you've made to this site just as much as I do those from anyone else.

In bringing up some points of confusion, it was not my intent to bait anyone into a fight. I have met some very good people who are members of one club and/or the other, but just as many who are members of neither. However, I have seen enough less-than-altruistic behavior in PAC that makes me leery, and I no longer support that organization.

As for getting out of a club what you put into it, maybe I'm guilty of not putting much into PAC for all the years I kept paying dues, but I just haven't seen that much good coming out of the club in recent years. Not everyone has the time and/or money to attend regional and national events, but I have made many good friends in the hobby (and not just in Packard circles) without benefit of any club. Too many clubs just don't seem to understand the many underlying reasons for the "graying of the hobby", but I'm not gonna spell it out for them.

Since I have had to take on more responsibilities for my folks' welfare and their property with each passing year, I have less time than ever for Packards, but manage to enjoy what little time I can spend with this site - keeping the flame alive for me.

Posted on: 2008/5/16 11:02
 Top  Print 

Re: Cafe Press Items
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Owen; Your knowledge of Packard's and your contributions to this site, have earned my great respect for you. I do hope that you come to Warren so we can sit down and talk about Packard's.

The comments that I posted last evening aren't intended to suck any one into fight. Some of the older posters in here know why I am such a vocal critic of PAC. The reason for me being such a vocal critic of the elected leadership of PAC is for the following reason. They are willing to sit back and let a story be published that enhanced the reputation of the author and get some free publicity for that persons employer, all the while sitting back letting this author exploit a dear deceased friend on mine.

Now I guess I will go back to the library and do some more reading.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/5/16 18:28
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved