Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
88 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 84

BigKev, Don 37, Joe, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

series 22
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
On the series 22 wiper motor there is a barbed fitting on each side of the motor. The one on the left side is for the vacume from the fuel pump. Where does the one on the other side go to? Lonny

Posted on: 2013/2/4 10:23
 Top  Print   

Re: series 22
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It would go to the optional windshield washer. Most postwar vacuum motors thru 53 had the vacuum supply to motor on the passenger side and vacuum supply for the washer on the drivers side of motor.

Gently see if you can turn the wiper knob backwards and hold it against the spring. If so, that port should be active while holding the knob. If a washer jar and pump were connected, the vacuum would draw up a piston and charge the pump water chamber. Releasing the knob kills the vacuum and the piston spring would force the water out to the windshield. Once water started squirting you would then turn the knob in the usual direction to start the wipers & finish the cleaning.

Attach file:

jpg  (32.97 KB)
209_510fd9c7cac16.jpg 638X524 px

Posted on: 2013/2/4 10:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
thank you for the help. will have so many more questions about other stuff. I guess I will just plug to off. Lonny

Posted on: 2013/2/4 20:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
thank you for the help. will have so many more questions about other stuff. I guess I will just plug to off. Lonny

Posted on: 2013/2/4 20:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Lonny wrote:

If the cable from knob is adjusted properly to the slide, there should be no vacuum present or leaking at that connection. Most of the time it just sits there inactive until the knob is turned. It was not covered even if there was no washer installed.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 20:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
Thanks for all the help lonny

Posted on: 2013/2/6 21:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved