Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 98

37Blanche, 2T9-626, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interior insulation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe someone posted a link and mention of this EZ Cool producthttp://www.lobucrod.com/ last year or maybe earlier. I thought at the time it was relatively expensive for what it was but wondered if anyone has tried it since the discussion.

Since my interior is gutted am going to install something all over the roof and floor while I can. Since it's relatively inexpensive was leaning toward ordinary home store product as others have used. Just wonder if this foam core advantage as a sound absorbent as well as insulator is hype or actually could be a better product than the bubble stuff. Not too sure the other option of the rubberized product is any better but open to it as well. Opinions??

Posted on: 2013/7/16 19:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Interior insulation
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'll take a picture of the stuff I am going to use. It's ~1/2" jute core that is foil faced on both sides. I got it from a local hot rod supply shop pretty cheaply in came in a 60" x 72" roll.

It should be lite enough so it wont fall down, and soft/compressible enough that it shouldn't create any issue with the headliner.

For the doors, I have a knock-off dynomat product which I will over the inside of the door with and will also double as a moisture barrier to protect the door panels. Also I plan on covering the kick panels, b-piller, and c-pillars with it.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 23:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Here are the two different products I am going to use.

Attach file:

jpg  (59.52 KB)
1_51e62fa0b828d.jpg 800X1066 px

jpg  (32.08 KB)
1_51e62fadcc912.jpg 1024X324 px

Posted on: 2013/7/17 0:46
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just thought I'd throw this out for anyone who cares. The EZ-Cool product arrived and it is slightly different than the home store product. Looks the same from the outside but not in the center.

The home store is definitely more bubble wrap type with large air filled centers. You can compress it or pop the bubbles to squeeze it almost down to it's 3 or 4 layers. EZ-Cool is some kind of foam having large approx 1/16" bubbles thruout with foil on each side.. I could squeeze it but it didn't pop readily and came right back to thickness.

Not knowing exactly which home center product compares most closely, believe the EZ-Cool will work out to be about 25-30% more expensive. Whether it works any better than home center stuff or the thicker jute filled HR-7XXX is a matter someone else will have to eventually prove.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.02 KB)
209_51f7ec99e1c8e.jpg 397X640 px

jpg  (29.25 KB)
209_51f7ee4ab1db5.jpg 327X640 px

Posted on: 2013/7/30 11:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved