Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 145

Todd W. White, Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

37 Super 1502 - mystery switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Re a 1937 Super 8 1502-1015, is anyone aware of the purpose of an electric switch in the upper windshield trim or perhaps just into the headliner, just above the divider trim? It's possible it was some later addition though it does not appear so. Owner speculates it was the on/off switch for the rear compartment microphone to the chauffeur which I've never taken careful note of, though that seems unlikely to me, I'd think such a switch would be under the control of the rear seat occupants, not the driver. Sorry, no photo.

Posted on: 2013/8/1 11:11
 Top  Print   

Re: 37 Super 1502 - mystery switch
Just popping in
Just popping in

JimV
See User information
My 37 1500 Super Eight Touring Sedan has a pull out switch above the windshield close to the headliner. It operates the windshield wipers by pulling it out, it turns them on and pushing in turns them off. I'm not sure if that is the same on the 1502 but it could be.

Hope this helps.

Jim V

Posted on: 2013/8/12 21:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day JimV,
to PackardInfo, and I invite you to include your '37 1500 Super Eight Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry!

Posted on: 2013/8/13 1:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

JimV
See User information
I have tried to add it to the registry but every time that I submit the information it comes up with a warning that it has detected an attack and prevents me from getting through. I have tried it on 2 different computers, a Dell and an Apple and get the same results each time. Help.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 22:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Jim,

Sorry to hear that, can't have members who want their Packard in the Registry and can't!

Others have had similar problems which have been "worked around". Here is what I send them and in most instances they are then able to add their Packard/s to the Registry:

Most Registry entry problems are related to 2 areas. Forum members changing their User Name OR are using a PC, Laptop, Mac or other device which doesn't seem to interact properly with PackardInfo's Owner Registry(I'm not technically literate enough to give a better explanation then that).

So, a few questions:
- Are you a new User?
- Have you changed your User Name in any way?

If the answers to the above are NO, then it could well be a device and/or software issue. Suggest, if NO, then try adding your Packards from another PC, Laptop, Mac or other device and see if that works.

And here's a tip from another PackardInfo member who was having Registry entry troubles. Not a great way to do things but it may work for you, I'm passing it on as a possible solution to your woes.

"each time I had to select refresh to show its new content.

Example, when it asked for the year, I selected 1931 then (go), it would come back blank, but I pressed refresh and it would appear with the next option to add, like model, for each section I would have to press refresh after selecting "go"."

Hopefully you'll be able to now add your Packards to the Registry.

If all that fails then a PM or email to BigKev would be in order.

Posted on: 2013/8/14 22:37
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
I had a problem which was that I was no longer getting notices from the site via my email provider. Nothing I tried would fix it so I changed providers. Some things are too important to screw with!

Posted on: 2013/8/15 12:16
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
One question on the format or when/where you are getting the message. I find that if the name of a photo has a date or information separated by periods, the site does not like it and gives me the same grief.

For example when I do a screenshot or screenclip on the Mac, the photo is saved with the name Screen Shot followed by the numerals for the date it was done separated by hyphens followed by the time it was done separated by periods. The date info is fine but if I go to post the photo and forget to delete or change the time information in the title, the site does not like those numerals separated by periods. It goes into panic mode saying it has detected an attack and kicks me right out.

Perhaps you have something similar with numerals and periods in the information you are trying to post.

Attach file:

jpg  (8.10 KB)
209_520d14ad3b717.jpg 98X43 px

jpg  (8.46 KB)
209_520d14b60d184.jpg 99X51 px

Posted on: 2013/8/15 12:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I've had the same problem posting photos since BigKev added a security check against uploaded file titles. The problem may be the title of the photo file you are attempting to load along with your Packard data to the owner registry. Try changing the photo file name to something like 'mypackard'.

Posted on: 2013/8/15 13:15
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

rick tice
See User information
Packard super 8 1502 limo. I just have the pullout switch in the center of the header for the windshield wipers. The microphone speaker is located under the left side on the dash and microphone with speaker on/off switch is in side pouch on right side of rear seat. My grandfather bought the car in 55 so I know is accurate.

Rick

Posted on: 2013/8/16 7:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
And that's why your car and others like it are so important!

Posted on: 2013/8/16 12:34
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved