Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 140

DavidM, 39Rollson, Plugs1, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

115C continental kits to make '120'
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

37buscoupe
See User information
I just found literature from the 80s of a 115C owner purchasing a fender continental kit ($890) from a company called 'Continental Enterprises Limited' located in British Columbia, with this literature is an old ad from Hemmings stating some Packard dealers ordered 115C's with dual sidemounted spares and 120 trim from the factory for their 115's ! Does anyone have information on this. Thanks

Posted on: 2013/9/12 6:59
 Top  Print 

Re: 115C continental kits to make '120'
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Continental Enterprises indeed reproduces sidemount kits (and parts) for 36-37 120's. I know this because my Dad supplied the patterns and somehow convinced the owner, Sam Bronstein to take on this project. My 36-120 Coupe was the testbed for the project. If you call Sam, please mention my name. That said, I know of at least 3 sidemounted 115's that exist, but they are NOT NOT NOT factory. There has always been a rumor that ECA did a few, and of course the ages old rationalization that "Packard would do anything you wanted" but in both cases, I have never seen any hard documentation of factory support, so can we please, once and for all, quash this nonsense, as the geometry of installing the sidemounts on a 115 result in their setting much higher in the fender than on the 120's. In my opinion they look tacked on and out of place. People will of course notice the sidemounts, and Packard people will of course notice them from a downward slanting nose posture. If you have to have sidemounts, either get a 120, or ask any sidemounted owner if he wants to get rid of the PITA sidemounts....

Posted on: 2013/9/12 8:09
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved