Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

40 110 transmission 2ond gear
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

fogfather
See User information
Does anyone know if the second gear wheel is removable from the main shaft or is it part of it. We are trying to take the gears from a good tranny and put them on the shaft of the damaged tranny. thanks

Posted on: 2013/9/16 16:20
 Top  Print   

Re: 40 110 transmission 2ond gear
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
2nd gear is held on the shaft by a metal collar that is pressed on to preload the bearing( some time ago someone in canada was rebuilding them) ,it has to be cut off. if you have a good shaft and 2nd gear just change the unit. you will love the overdrive as it make the 110 a joy to drive. i went for a drive in my 42 110 today. i have several extra r9s if you need one or parts. dell

Posted on: 2013/9/16 20:09

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 40 110 transmission 2ond gear
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

fogfather
See User information
Thanks for your help. Let me know what you have. You can email me at banafish@znet.com or call me at 310 658 9092.
thanks

Posted on: 2013/9/17 11:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved