Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
154 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2013 Greenway Award - Tucson Region AACA
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
In addition to belonging to the traditional Packard clubs, I am also a member of the AACA. The AACA has an active local region in the Tucson area where members routinely gather for all kinds of social events. As an aside, the Tucson region is currently working towards hosting a national dual meet in 2015 here in the Old Pueblo. Micha and I have really met some very nice folks through the local AACA club here in Tucson. Club members are very supportive of each other. In November 2013 Micha & I (mostly Micha) enjoyed and assisted by hosting the dessert portion of a progressive dinner at our home. For those that may be unfamiliar, a progressive dinner is an event where members drive their autos from venue to venue, usually other member's homes and/or garages to share appetizers, dinner and then desserts. We had a grand time.

Since 1972, the Tucson region has consistently honored one member a year by granting the Albert Greenway Award to them. The Greenway family were early members of this regional club that believed old autos were special and that they should be enjoyed and preserved for the future generations. We are merely stewards for a time in our lives with these fine automobiles. That said, each year regional members vote for the car that best represents the AACA in the Tucson area. 2013 was the year for my 1955 400. I was very surprised to be so honored.

As I placed the Greenway Award in my study, I first sat down and looked at all the previous recipients. Love of the independent marques was clearly demonstrated by sheer number of Hudsons, Lincolns, DeSotos, Reo's, Mc Laughlin, Franklin, and Sunbeams previously awarded. I also saw that our beloved Packards were duly loved by priors members as well. My 400 now stands with the following, a 1929 Packard sedan (1978), 1940 Packard Darrin (1983), 1948 Packard convertible (1984), 1955 Packard 400 (1987) and a 1947 Packard Deluxe (2002).

Just thought I'd share this experience with my on-line pals all over the USA and world. Enjoy your Packards ladies and gentlemen!

Attach file:

jpg  (162.89 KB)
20_52f7abdb0fa59.jpg 1280X853 px

jpg  (150.81 KB)
20_52f7abf8218b8.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2014/2/9 11:35
 Top  Print 

Re: 2013 Greenway Award - Tucson Region AACA
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Congratulations Kevin, your hard work is being recognized. You are a great Packard ambassador.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/2/9 12:04
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Yes, congratulations to you and your bride. You are a fine ambassador representing the best of the Packard world.
"A car built by gentlemen for gentlemen."

Posted on: 2014/2/9 12:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Congrats, Kevin. Beautiful car. I like it in blue And in green. (My car looks light gray in bright sun and dark chocolate near sunset.) But I never won an award. Some day. Guess you have to enter something first.
We are totally snowed in here. 12 inches. So nice to see a cheery person and the sun. (The drake crash landed on the iced-over pond.) We're not used to this.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.92 KB)
1067_52f7bbfe4baf3.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/2/9 12:34
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Congratulations Kevin, you and your Packard are indeed worthy award recipients!

Posted on: 2014/2/9 13:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Congratulations Kevin. Very deserving recognition of the work you to bring your car back to its present condition.

Posted on: 2014/2/9 21:09
Stephen
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Congratulations Kevin on the Greenway Award. Also, the fact that it is an AACA award and not just limited to Packards is outstanding.

The fact that your 400 has a few modifications (Olds oil pump, full flow conversion and 4L60E transmission) obviously didn't bother any of the AACA judges. Nor should it.

Craig

Posted on: 2014/2/10 1:40
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved