Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 103

JD in KC, Packard Don, 37Blanche, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Ultramatic shift linkage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I'm going through the transmission shift linkages and found a bearing (or bushing, it's solid) in the bellcrank that rides on a pin at the brake master cylinder PN 3.3256 that is no longer pressed into the bellcrank. The bushing was seized onto the shaft of the linkage from the column, must have spun it loose as it took me a fair amount of work to free ot from the shaft. So, anyone have an idea other than finding a new bellcrank assembly with the pressed-in bushing? Maybe I could braze it into place?

Attach file:

jpg  (42.29 KB)
34001_539fc6f6ab071.jpg 612X816 px

jpg  (50.32 KB)
34001_539fc707d43a6.jpg 612X816 px

Posted on: 2014/6/16 23:41
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Re: Ultramatic shift linkage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The bushing floats in the bellcrank and rotates on the pullrod. You will note that it has a spherical outer surface to allow for misalignment. It is assembled with a wave washer to allow a slight degree of "wobble" as the linkage moves.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 7:50
 Top  Print   

Re: Ultramatic shift linkage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
Really, it is free to move both ways? OK, that would explain why the bellcrank doesn't seem wallowed out. The bushing was seized on the rod, and I have all the washers including the wave washer. So I guess I can reassemble it then, thanks again Ross!

Posted on: 2014/6/17 16:30
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved