Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

Packard51, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1953 Packard 300 Convertible
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andy 41 Clipper
See User information
So I was browsing Packard's on Ebay and had come across this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Packard-stainless-excellent-rest-poor-1953-packard-convertible-/291172083131?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43cb3565bb&item=291172083131&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I have requested more info from the seller but curious if anyone knows the value range on a 1953 300 Convertible in need of full restoration the asking price is $5,500.00 which I am guessing is high but I was looking for opinions.

I am always keeping my eye out for a good Packard project that this one kind of strikes me for some reason. I regret selling my 41 and eventually really want to get back in the Packard game!

Thanks

Posted on: 2014/6/24 12:01
 Top  Print   

Re: 1953 Packard 300 Convertible
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I believe the '53 convertibles were in the 250 series and considered to be junior models. The 300 designation was for the senior 4-door sedan. The '54 convertibles were up graded to senior status with the 359 engine and enhanced trim items. Still, regardless of the junior status, the '51-'53 convertibles are nice automobiles and highly desired.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/6/24 12:12
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Others on this site know far more than I...BUT, with that said, I thought the 300's had tail lights that were horizontal, not vertical like the 200's. Usually that is the giveaway for me.

Posted on: 2014/6/24 12:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
andy; you are correct that it is called the 300 convertible. i sold mine several years ago for 35,000. the car had stick and o. d. and was close to a #2 car. if the car on ebay was given to you there is no way you could get it to a driver condition for what the the value of the car would be. the cost of restoration has just gone out of sight. sad to say what the price of parts has gotten to.

Posted on: 2014/6/24 13:03

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Well, I was mistaken, and should have know better. In 1953 the 300 model was called the Cavalier and the 400 the Patrician. Both seniors. The junior sedans were called Clippers. The 2-door hardtop was called the Mayfair and the convertible the Convertible Coupe. Both of these models were based on Clipper chassis and bodies, and not considered to be senior cars. The Caribbean stands alone and I would never call it a junior. So, in 1953 there was no 300 designated model. Check the Packard Model Info on this site.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/6/24 15:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2014/6/24 20:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Here's a 51 convertible that doesn't need a whole lot:

http://carsgoodbyegoodbuy.weebly.com/1951-packard-convertible.html

Posted on: 2014/6/25 7:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Richter12x2
See User information
Quote:

Paul Weeks wrote:
Others on this site know far more than I...BUT, with that said, I thought the 300's had tail lights that were horizontal, not vertical like the 200's. Usually that is the giveaway for me.

The one I saw when I picked up my '53 Caribbean didn't have the senior taillights, or I would have made a bid for them. :D

Posted on: 2014/7/1 10:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I thought all 51-3 regular convertibles no matter what series they called them had the vertical taillights. In 54 they used the same body that would have had vertical lights but added the chrome pod over those openings to enable use of senior horizontal lenses and backup light for the faux senior body status.. The 53-4 Caribbeans used the same body with vertical light openings but had the last few inches of that years senior rear fender grafted on to provide space for the Continental kit and to use the regular senior tail lights without needing a pod.

Posted on: 2014/7/1 10:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved