Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 137

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Taillight Bulb Positioning
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ima48too
See User information
I bought my '48 Deluxe Eight in June with some partial trim removal and freshly chromed parts.
I have the shiny taillight bezels on and the housings in place. Do the signal lights go in the upper socket and tail/stop go in the bottom? I hate waking up at 3 AM with this kind of stuff on my mind.

Also, I need headlight trim rings. Are there any reproductions from GM or Ford cars that fit?
Thanks.
Bernie

Posted on: 2014/9/10 16:51
 Top  Print 

Re: Taillight Bulb Positioning
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On the headlight bezels, in his 40-50 catalog Kanter has item 4.1311 chrome headlight bezel listed for $69 each. Doesn't say if NOS or repro. No idea if anything less expensive will work.

On the lamp sockets, I had the same question for my 47. Going by the placement of bulbs on the wiring diagram and a photo in the 22nd series owners manual description of turn signal operation, I am leaning toward the taillight/brake on the bottom and signal on top.

Here is the photo for your interpretation. To me it would appear they are showing the top half of the taillight assy in a lighter shade which would indicate illuminated.

Attach file:

jpg  (34.47 KB)
209_5410ce5f65f29.jpg 700X262 px

Posted on: 2014/9/10 17:19
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ima48too
See User information
Wow! You answer questions faster than my wife makes supper!

My intuition went with the signals on top.

Thanks for the headlight rim info. I thought there just might be some contract supplier out there in the 1940's making them for the masses. I did find out the correct ones are chromed and not stainless.
Bernie

Posted on: 2014/9/10 17:36
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Yes, Howard is fast. You have just been the beneficiary of the prompt responses we all have been getting for a long time - AND it is accurate.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 21:03
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved