Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Invitation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Guscha wrote:.....I like to invite you to take a look through the lens of my camera.

Gerd,

They are great pic's, very clear and crisp for the distance involved, you must have a very good camera. Good to see a Packard amongst the cars and interesting that they brought their own recovery vehicle with them.

Posted on: 2008/9/5 17:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Beautiful pictures. I'm not sure I could do that well with the object co-operating and myself stationary -- and you're doing it with moving subjects.

Posted on: 2008/9/5 17:48
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Russell James
See User information
Hi Guscha

This is brilliant work and delight to see. Thanks for capturing it and sharing it with us.

What a great opportunity your window presents to us!

I now have a new customer complaint strategy, ...what a great story!

Please keep it up, I almost felt I was there with you (maybe one day - I do a business trip to Europe every few years, why not have some hobby time too?)

Kind regards

Posted on: 2008/9/5 22:37
Russ (the prodigal son)
56 400 (sold 2022)
39 1702 7 pass touring (long term project)
38 1602 7 pass limousine (needs work)

Learnt to drive on a 50 in 1969
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
Thanks for sharing you pictures, It is good that you keep your camera handy for such times, It brings back the OLD Times, and how things moved in a Slower Pace for us all! thanks Dale

Posted on: 2008/9/6 10:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The eight picture that Guscha posted looks like a 1933 Pierce-Arrow.

Oh the Great Pierce-Arrow a car manufacturer that in a lot of ways was Packard's equal or maybe even a better than Packard.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/9/6 20:27
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Hartmann
See User information
The Pierce Arrow V-12 had a SLIGHT advantage over the Packard Twelve in that it was a SLIGHTLY smaller stroke and slightly bigger bore. Otherwise, John simply dosnt know what he is talking about. The Packard V-12 was a superior design in both concept and execution.

Yes, it is true that Seagrave purchased the tooling and rights to the Pierce V-12, and continued to utilize that in fire apparatus for many years . However, unlike the Packard design, the Pierce suffered from inadequate cooling (to be fair, Pierce was in Buffalo, New York, and thus its engineers probably, in that far north and very cold area, didn't think all that much about hotter climates. So, as a result, Seagrave had to completely re-ingineer the basic Pierce concept.

In one way, Pierce Arrow cars of the 1930's were "superior" to the Packards of the same price range (both manufacturers had high priced large EIGHT cyl. cars in the high price range, and even HIGHER priced V-12's of approximately the same engine displacement). The big advantage to Pierce goes to the fact they had a multi-speed (read OVER-DRIVE) transmission. Of course Packards, in any given price range, were properly geared for most driver's needs. But "bone stock" "out of the box", soley because Pierce had a over-drive, it was much faster than a Packard of its own price range.

Posted on: 2008/9/6 20:54
If it has a red hex on the hub-cap, I love it
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all. You guys are amazing! You are both extremely knowledgeable and quick on the bite. John, you may have to bait your Packard hook behind a tree or Pete will go for it every time. Keep up the good work! Best regards Peter Toet

Posted on: 2008/9/7 5:31
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That Pierce Arrow is not a 1933, it's a 1931 or older.

Posted on: 2008/9/7 8:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Owen: I must admit that I only gave the picture a passing glance. If you take a close look at the front bumper of Pierce-Arrow in the picture Cuscha posted it has to be a 1929 or 1930 Pierce Arrow.

In my reference book it shows the 31 Pierce-Arrow with a solid one piece front bumper. The 29 and 30 Pierce-Arrow's have a two piece front bumper.

In 1933 Pierce-Arrow went with a new front and rear fender design.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/9/7 16:53
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
1931 Pierce Arrow Model 43's also have the two-piece bumpers which was why I couldn't tell if it was 31 or earlier. Here's a pic of an entirely original and unrestored or molested 1931 Model 43.

Attach file:

jpg  (98.12 KB)
177_48c4529fd6120.jpg 933X615 px

Posted on: 2008/9/7 17:14
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved