Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
162 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 161

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carpet kit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
Is there a carpet kit out there for a 1948 standard 4 door touring sedan

Posted on: 2015/9/17 20:43
 Top  Print 

Re: Carpet kit
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Other than Kanter I don't think there are any repro carpets. I believe Kanter uses modern carpet so maybe not the best option if you are trying to have show quality rather than driver. If you just want something presentable and reasonably inexpensive that would probably be the best option. Does your car have carpet or the rubber mat? Carpet can be done by most upholsterers and if you want original looking Hirsch has some higher end carpet stock that more meets the old look and feel. Rubber mats are the big problem.

There is one poster -- SamS -- who comes online occasionally although I haven't seen him logged in lately. He had carpet and a mat repro'd for his 23rd series that turned out quite well and might be able to give you some suggestions or referrals to a place that might be able to do the 22nd using the same pattern. No idea how much difference between the two series so someone else will have to give an opinion if that is a possible approach or if there might be a better idea.

Here is the thread where SamS posted his project.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14665&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Posted on: 2015/9/17 22:05
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It could easily be that I'm incorrect on this, should check Mr. Neal's book first, but I thought the 22nd series Eight had a rubber mat for the front, not carpet.

My experiences with the fit of Kanter's carpet kits has been good.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 23:11
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Leon "Pete"
See User information
I don't know all the years that SMS has pre-made carpet sets for, but they told me they have them for 54 Caribbeans. I suspect that they have them for other models as well.

Posted on: 2015/9/18 14:10
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/regist
 Top  Print 

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved