Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Directional Signal Drawing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...'Miss Prudence', our 1949 Deluxe has her directional signals on a switch under the edge of the dash along with her horn button. The signals and horn work just fine but are not on the steering column as they should be. I have removed the horn button and the signal switch gear and repairs are required. Does anyone know where to find the drawing for this equipment? There is a US Patent Number stamped on the directional switch. It is 2276413. There is a logo on the switch which is USC if I am reading it correctly. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ernie

Posted on: 2015/11/5 12:48
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Re: Directional Signal Drawing
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't believe there was a Packard published schematic of the switch but I put together something that might be of some help if you have the later switch with 6 wires at the connector. The schematic part is generic but shows the essentials of how the slide moves to connect the points.. The photos are of a typical Packard switch as used from 23rd thru 54th series and colors correspond with the schematic. Pre 49 switches with 3 wires do not have the brake light circuit going thru the switch.

Typically the problems with the switch are dirt & corrosion or the phenolic support holding the terminals warps so connection at some point cannot be made with the slide when it moves over the terminal.

Attach file:

jpg  (96.61 KB)
209_563bd9d6d8695.jpg 1280X770 px

Posted on: 2015/11/5 17:36
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: Directional Signal Drawing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Thank you Howard...Your drawing is great. I really appreciate it. Ernie

Posted on: 2015/11/6 10:05
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved