Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 128

R H, Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Troubleshooting back up light
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
Hello, I've been trying to determine why the back up light on my 41 is not working. I used a test light at the socket with no power theret. I then checked the wires coming in and out of the switch , no power there either.. So I'm assuming that there is an issue somewhere between the switch and the dash. Has anyone had issues like this or have any suggestions ? Thank you.

Posted on: 2016/1/30 20:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Troubleshooting back up light
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
One question would be if tail lights are on.

Backup lamp power is usually sourced one of two ways. First is off one of the aux fuses at the end of headlight switch. Downside to that is backup lamp is always active and if you want to park the car and leave it in reverse the light is on.

The other is being powered off the rear terminal on instrument lamp switch where the tail lights are powered -- or if accessible the tail light terminal on headlight sw.. There can be an inline fuse between headlight switch and that instrument switch terminal or there can be a fuse on the instrument lamp switch feeding the terminal. Downside on that source is headlights/tail lights need to be on to have backup lamp.

With the back up lamp also being a dealer accessory there could be other power sources depending on how a dealer wanted to connect.

Posted on: 2016/1/30 20:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved