Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
243 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 239

Stewart Ballard, Peter Packard, Tobs, Rich49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Netflix movie with Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
There is a 2015 movie on Netflix that shows at least 10-12 Packards in driveby street scenes. The movie is "Life", a biopic about a Life magazine photographer who spends time with actor James Dean in 1955. The somewhat true story shows some of the situations where Dennis Stock took a series of his iconic photos months before Dean's death (the real photos that many of us might recognize are shown in the final film credits). I found the movie to be somewhat slow until the Packards started showing up, along with several Hudsons. At minute 40 in the film, three 1956s (two Patricians and a Clipper hardtop) are shown at once on a snowy (actually Canadian) "NYC" street with a CGI added Chrysler Building in the foggy background. Other Packards sighted include a few 53-54 Patricians and a few 1938-41 senior sedans. If this made in Canada movie was made there, I wonder where they got all of these cars? TThe last recent movie starring lots of Packards was Carol, and credit was given to Citizen Motors of Dayton OH.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 11:25
 Top  Print   

Re: Netflix movie with Packards
Just popping in
Just popping in

Sainz63
See User information
Nice! With the brief you have given, it seems like a good movie to me. I can add it to my watchlist. On Sundays, half of the time we are watching Andy Yeatman Netflix shows for kids and the other half we enjoy movies like this.

Posted on: 2018/9/13 5:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved