Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1927 526 Runabout vs Convertible Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
What is the difference? I have seen pictures of the convertible coupe and it appears that the doors have glass windows. I have not seen any pictures of the Runabout with the top up.

Posted on: 2017/1/25 22:53
 Top  Print   

Re: 1927 526 Runabout vs Convertible Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Roadster, runabout have sidecurtains, conv coupe has roll up windows... Touring, phaeton have side curtains, conv sedan has roll up windows

Posted on: 2017/1/26 0:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
Thanks Fred. I suspected that, but never found it in print or any pic with the curtains installed...only pics with the top down for the runabout.

Keeping in mind that one should take everything in print with a grain of salt....
...why does the NADAGuides web site list a 1927 526 average retail prices...
Convertible Coupe....$38,000
Runabout............$105,000

That seems like a wide discrepancy! Which one is off kilter?

Posted on: 2017/1/26 23:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Nada is absolutely worthless on prewar cars. My 35 Cadillac (1 of 2 left in the US) was valued at $65k, my 36 120 coupe at $69k. This was about 2yrs ago I don't know what it says today.

Posted on: 2017/1/27 7:10
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
The 526 was the first model that Packard offered in the convertible coupe configuration. Packard advertised it as a "two purpose car" suitable for summer or winter driving. In addition to the roll up windows, the windshield in the convertible is fixed and vertical. The runabout windshield is slightly raked and can be folded forward onto the hood.

The top on the convertible is quite a bit heavier and more substantial than the runabout so the roll up windows make a good seal.

Posted on: 2017/1/28 16:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
When they were new, the 526 runabout was the least expensive Packard you could buy.

Posted on: 2017/1/28 16:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved