Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
78 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 76

r1lark, TBrown, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bolt to mount Trippe lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Hi, does anyone know where I could get a bolt like this thats longer (by about 3/4" of an inch) to mount my Trippe lights to the mount connector. The one in the photo that came with the lights is too short. (There's only 7/8" of thread on this one).

Attach file:

jpg  (85.28 KB)
3364_58d442012e4ac.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2017/3/23 16:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Bolt to mount Trippe lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
What diameter is the bolt and OD of the washer? Is what is shown in the photo one or two pieces and if two pieces, is the conical washer seen and does it have to be that deep?

If there are no specialty bolts repro'd such as some made or carried by Classic and Exotic Services, it looks possible to come up with something workable by using a knurled neck carriage bolt and a belleville washer or maybe the male half of a leveling washer from McMaster. The cone shape won't be near as deep and maybe not as wide with those washers so if it is seen and is a vital part of the install then maybe a no go..

Posted on: 2017/3/23 17:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Bolt to mount Trippe lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
I just figured it out, I had the bolt set too high in the housing. Thanks for the replies though!

Steve

Posted on: 2017/3/26 11:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved