Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 143

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

sheet metal or patch panels for rear quarter 55 clipper
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

dave55
See User information
Does anyone know where rear quarter patch panels can be purchased for a 2 door clipper,or just the lowers between the door and wheel well,thanks

Posted on: 2017/7/17 12:13
 Top  Print   

Re: sheet metal or patch panels for rear quarter 55 clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The only place I know of that makes any kind of repair panels for Packards is C2C Fabrications.https://www.c2cfabrication.com/collections/packard-parts If they don't have something I think you will be on your own to make it or find something in better shape off a parts car. Unlike Chevy or Fords, there is not much demand or old original tooling available for Packards. They don't offer much specifically for 55 but in a lot of cases since the Clipper bodies were based on 53-4 some of those items will work.

Even though they have panels that will work and cover a hole, in most cases their panels are not direct drop ins. They need to be cut and massaged and even after that are sometimes not an exact replacement. A good example is floor and trunk pans with shallower bolt locations than the factory pan. I think that may be due to the stamping or presses they use may not be able to do as deep a draw as factory. IIRC, I believe Ross was the one that mentioned another is a rocker panel for some models that does not have as deep a curve as factory and needs to be worked a bit.

Posted on: 2017/7/17 12:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved