Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

heat sending unit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
I am in quest for a heat sending unit for a 1934 320 ci in. Is there a cross number at a napa store?

Posted on: 2018/9/19 18:34
 Top  Print   

Re: heat sending unit
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No cross, the sender and gauge are a single intergral assembly and needs to be serviced as such. You'll need to remove what you have and send to one of the several instrument repair businesses. Many of us have used Wolf Instruments though there are others who do this work.

Posted on: 2018/9/19 18:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
thank you for the info do you know where to get a sending unit?

Posted on: 2018/9/20 9:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
As I tried to explain, there is no separate discreet "sending unit", it's all part of a completed assembly and must be serviced as a unit with the dash unit.

If you believe you have a separate sending unit, then perhaps you have some sort of aftermarket gauge and not the OEM unit? Maybe you should post a picture or two so we can see what you're dealing with?

Posted on: 2018/9/20 9:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Lonny, there is a pertinent post to this further down the page 'temperature gauge line to head' - with lots of good info and pictures showing what Owen is talking about. If you go through that post, you will be able to glean everything you need. Chris

Posted on: 2018/9/20 19:39
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
thank you for all the help when I purchased the 1934 it was in boxes and tubes. I have 800 pictures of how it came apart but no pictures of the motor. the gages are all recondition. I looked at the heat sending unit I can see what you are talking about. The unit is complete. Thank you for all the help

Posted on: 2018/9/22 9:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved