Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 135

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Heater fan and switch diagrams 22nd series
Just popping in
Just popping in

York2018
See User information
Apologies if this has been covered before. My search didn't offer up any specific results... I am reinstalling the heater blower motor/fan and switch from a donor car, however I cannot seem to locate a specific diagram for the wiring. A link or some directions would be awesome. While "Bonnie" is not being driven in cold weather, I would still like the heat to work. Thanks for any help I can get on this...

Posted on: 2018/11/19 18:32
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater fan and switch diagrams 22nd series
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If I recall the heater details from Bob Neal's 22-23 series book I believe the fresh air heater was not included or available until after the 22nd series production had started. That being the case apparently Packard treated it like most other accessories and did not include it on the main wiring diagram. By the 23rd series it was more a standard so the diagram included it.

Although I can't state the wire colors are identical the 22nd series heater wiring is the same as the 23rd series so here is that page. The diagram does not show the blower motor but that only has two wires. One is connected with an inline connector to the single wire labeled 12 Bk which the diagram shows as going "thru dash". The other wire from the heater motor is ground and connects via a sheetmetal screw into the firewall metal. If your ignition switch is stock Packard GA should be the long terminal.

Attach file:

jpg  (221.88 KB)
209_5bf371d9206af.jpg 1312X1702 px

Posted on: 2018/11/19 21:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater fan and switch diagrams 22nd series
Just popping in
Just popping in

York2018
See User information
Thank you. That looks pretty straight forward...

Posted on: 2018/11/19 22:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved