Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 choke question
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
My car has a stromberg aav26 carb when I first got the car the choke was seized up.I freed up the piston in the vacuum part of the choke and it worked for a short time.It stopped working several times and I tried to clean piston and cylinder but it keeps binding up.Maybe the cylinder is to badly damaged. I was wondering what other carbs use that choke?

Posted on: 2019/4/18 3:22
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 choke question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
As you have not had a reply I will try to help. The choke uses vacuum from the engine to pull air into the choke housing for two things to happen: 1-pull on the piston, and 2-move warm air over the spring. The source of the warm air is from the exhaust manifold, a tube runs through the manifold for a heat . If the tube is rusted through or damaged the exhaust gases are allowed to enter the choke housing and cause the problem that you described. To correct the problem the tube must be replaced or whats called a choke stove strapped on to the manifold as a heat sources. I am quite sure this is your problem and must be corrected before replacing the carburetor or choke housing.

Posted on: 2019/4/22 9:15

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved