Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
34 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Master Brake Cylinder Filler Gasket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Does anyone have a modern part number for the master cap gasket for a 1951 manual brake car?

Posted on: 2019/7/26 19:23
 Top  Print 

Re: Master Brake Cylinder Filler Gasket
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I found a copper ring gasket of appropriate size from Restoration Specialties. You can download their outstanding catalog on line.

Posted on: 2019/7/26 19:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you, Dave. Do you have a number? I have to order from home while my shop where the cars are is in Oregon so I don't know what the dimensions need to be. I'm surprised, though, that it's copper as I thought the one I removed was some sort of fibrous material.

Posted on: 2019/7/26 19:57
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The original wasn't copper, it was probably some sort of fiberoid composition, I just chose copper for durability. Sorry but I don't recall the number, it was many year s ago.

Posted on: 2019/7/26 20:30
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved