Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 23 »

Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Afternoon all...I am wondering if we should have a category for 'Packard Trips' like 'Pre War and 'Post War' as a place where we can post trips long and short and how our cars behaved on the trip. It could be to the Hardware Store or 1000 mile road trip. It would be nice to hear how our Packards are being used...Just a thought...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/3/5 13:59
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I took my daughter to her school dance last fall. I try to avoid the interstate so I took the backroads but ran into road construction so I had to take the long road which I didn't mind.

Posted on: 2020/3/5 20:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Miss Prudence ran about 16 miles today so that I could have my monthly haircut. The old girl ran just fine...A good Packard day! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/3/5 22:08
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
Great idea, Ernie.

Trips are a month or so away in this part of the world, though.

Heres a link to a shot from a short foliage ride last fall in the 'red=haired stepchild' 1939 Super Eight.

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/cache/175416_5e62bb50c0e1c.jpg

Jim KB1MCV

Attach file:

jpg  (120.94 KB)
175416_5e62bb50c0e1c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (126.61 KB)
175416_5e62bb88b7385.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2020/3/6 16:17
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Ernie,

I'm envious of you guys down there that can go for a spin this time of year. I'm with Jim above (great pictures, BTW, Jim!) in that it will be a good month before Packard cruising can commence... - sure looking forward to it though! Will post some pics when it happens. Chris

Posted on: 2020/3/6 17:30
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Great Photographs, Jim...We'll be doing less driving about the time that you guys and gals up north begin to do more. In the summer, we're back in the garage by 8am or so...but still have a nice early breakfast...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/3/6 18:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...This morning I had to go to the ACE Hardware for a few parts to support an Umbrella over the BBQ.
It's a nice morning so I cranked up Miss Prudence and off we went. Not a long trip and she obtained three 'Thumbs Up' along the way. She is now back in the garage and resting comfortably...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/3/9 12:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Ernie,

Allow me to cast my vote for you as Concierge and Chief Steward of the 'Packard Road Trip Department'!! Great idea BTW. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/3/9 16:06
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
On Sunday mornings, weather permitting, I take my 47 Clipper to Panera for breakfast and then a drive to the Mt. Vernon estate along the GW Parkway. She starts right up and the OD works flawlessly since Ross Miller tinkered with the OD. Even with crappy ethanol gas, it is amazing how quiet the engine is at idle. Great engineering!

Posted on: 2020/3/10 7:37
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
Well, due to a spell of unseasonably warm weather here in southern Maine I succumbed to temptation and took the '39 S-8 for a leisurely 45 mile trip on local back roads.

The trip was a bit of a shakedown after some work over the winter consisting of a new pair of front shock absorbers, removing and painting the steering column, some repairing the cracked plastic on the dash and steering wheel and regraining the dash.

We has around an inch of rain yesterday so I'm confidant the roads are salt-free for the moment.

Attach file:

jpg  (98.54 KB)
175416_5e6d365fbcfcd.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2020/3/14 14:54
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved