Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 108

kevinpackard, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 to 1949 Carburetor part
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

auto.nut
See User information
I have a perfectly good carburetor that is missing a part. It is Carter's part #61-199. It is called the Vacuum Piston Spring. It fits inside the metering rod piston. This part is the same in the 531, 643S, 644, etc carburetor which is used in Packards from about 1941 to 1950 If anyone has a carb that perhaps is missing other parts or not functional, I wonder if you could part with this item. Willing to pay your price. If you do not have, do you have any suggestions of where I might locate this spring? They are rather important and one cannot just replace it with just any spring.
Just Me/Lee

Posted on: 2020/7/9 19:26
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 to 1949 Carburetor part
Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
I have a Carter repair parts kit #1321D. It services the Packard 42-50 with WDO
531S-531SA..The package contents list the spring.

The complete kit is $20 plus shipping..It will fit in a USPS small priority mail box.

Let me know---sent you a pm

Posted on: 2020/7/9 21:16
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

henneyowner
See User information
I have several 40s era WDO parts carburetors. I'll look today to see if I have a decent spring for you.

Posted on: 2020/8/20 6:58
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

auto.nut
See User information
Got it okay. Got the carb installed on the '42 but haven't started it yet. Have other problems. I am thinking my cam timing is off by one tooth retarded. Only one way to find out and I am going to remove the timing cover. Yes a big job!!

Posted on: 2020/8/25 7:44
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved