Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Transmission shops
Home away from home
Home away from home

ElGroucho
See User information
I'll try here first and I'll also reach out to Earle C. Anthony PMCC and some other chapters. Maybe some local Central Cali members can chime in, if there are any. Can anyone recommend any transmission shops in the central coast California. Shoot even possibly a northern or southern California. I'm wanting to rebuild my 1937 120c tranny. Looking for a shop near me that's familiar with these tranny's. Closer the better of course. I'm an hour north of Santa Barbara CA. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2020/7/21 0:14
 Top  Print   

Re: Transmission shops
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not exactly next door but Custom Auto in Santa Ana has been doing Packard repairs since the 60s. The current owner was an employee and bought it from the founder when he retired. It is probably one of the few if not the only knowledgable Packard shop on the West Coast anywhere reasonably close to you.http://www.customautoservice.com

Posted on: 2020/7/21 8:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...I have known Robert Escalante who owns Custom Auto at Third and French in Santa Ana for many years. 714-543-2980. His shop does excellent work. I knew him when I lived in Orange County and the General Manager of the Orange County Edition of the Los Angeles Times. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/7/21 9:51
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
You may want to check with Ron Carpenter up in Alamo in the East Bay. If he is unable to do the work, he will know who can. He is a long time Packard collector and restorer, and is most knowledgeable.

Posted on: 2020/7/21 11:20
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ElGroucho
See User information
Thanks guys for the info. I'll reach out to Robert. I do recall that name. I believe I dialogued with him the beginning of this year in regards to the Packard convention that was supposed to be happening in New Port Beach.

Posted on: 2020/7/21 23:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved