Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
28 user(s) are online (17 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Stan Zimmerman
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Stan Zimmerman, a founding member of the Earle C. Anthony PMCC region in Los Angeles, passed away July 10th at the age of 88. Stan founded the Automobile Driving Museum, and had an extensive collection of Packards and other cars. He is pictured in 1980 with James J. Nance at the Ambassador Hotel in L.A. during the ECA membership meet. The car is Stan's 1955 Caribbean, originally purchased by Howard Hughes. Stan donated this car to the National Packard Museum in Warren, Ohio last year.

Attach file:

jpg  (569.61 KB)
1445_5f12c2f37e8c4.jpg 288X217 px

Posted on: 2020/7/18 4:38
 Top  Print 

Re: Stan Zimmerman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

ECAnthony wrote:
Stan Zimmerman, a founding member of the Earle C. Anthony PMCC region in Los Angeles, passed away July 10th at the age of 88. Stan founded the Automobile Driving Museum, and had an extensive collection of Packards and other cars. He is pictured in 1980 with James J. Nance at the Ambassador Hotel in L.A. during the ECA membership meet. The car is Stan's 1955 Caribbean, originally purchased by Howard Hughes. Stan donated this car to the National Packard Museum in Warren, Ohio last year.

This has been an absolutely heartbreaking year with the loss of yet another dear friend. I met Stan in 1973 and he quickly invited me to dinner at his beautiful home in Beverly Hills. We talked lots and lots of times, had dinner lots of times (most recently at the last Hershey.) And we both served as founding board members of PAC's Earle C. Anthony PMCC region. I took photos of the Hughes car at his home for the history of the Jean Peters/Howard Hughes Caribbean that I wrote in the 1970s for The Packard Cormorant magazine. An incredibly nice man with not an ounce of hubris. But with boundless love for Packards and people.

And this photo is priceless. So many memories and so much lost. J.J. Nance and his tragic, tortured history. The beautiful Ambassador Hotel where I attended so many events and met movie stars. The Jean Peters/Howard Hughes Caribbean that I drove so many times. And Stan Zimmerman with his cap and ever-present smile. All gone now except for the Caribbean.

I will miss Stan in ways I could never put into words. I extend my deepest heartfelt condolences to Stan's wife and family. Packard fans will never know the great collector and Packard evangelist we have lost here.

Posted on: 2020/7/18 10:27
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved