Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

How do I read my vin number 1938 Packard Model 6
Just popping in
Just popping in

randyd
See User information
I have a 1938 Packard Model 6 the vin number is 11883015 how do you read this or what does it tell you?

Thanks !

Posted on: 2020/10/13 16:42
 Top  Print   

Re: How do I read my vin number 1938 Packard Model 6
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The vehicle number format is usually in two parts with a dash between them. In this case 1188 is the body number and 3015 is the sequence number which started at 1001. For your car that would make it the 2015th Six Business coupe that was made in the 16th series or 1938 model year. It was built on the 1600 chassis. In addition to providing the model info the numbers are important when looking up parts in the manuals. Most body and trim items would be listed as fitting the 1188 while most mechanical or chassis parts would be listed for the 1600.

Check out the 1938 model info page for some basic information.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/index.php?mode=year&id=1938&ButtonYear=Go and for additional mechanical info the Oct 1, 1937 service letter Vol 11 #19 gives the standard specifications in effect when the model was introduced.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 1,847.57 KB; Hits: 75

Posted on: 2020/10/13 17:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved