Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 141

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1933 Ad
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Anyone know what Magazine-Month this 1933 Ad
"To The Women Who Hasn't Had A New Car In Three Years"
was published in.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8e/10/06/8e1006fc4284dd10c3dfc4cfddb3b4c1.jpg

Posted on: 2020/12/18 10:59
 Top  Print 

Re: 1933 Ad
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you think the answer to your question might be in the Gwil Griffith book on Packard advertising, I'd be glad to try and find my copy and look it up. As you probably akready know, this ad is not listed in the index of Packard advertising in the AQ (Kimes) book.

Posted on: 2020/12/18 18:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Would b appreciated if u would give it a lookc. Thinking of doing a poster size blowup for my GarageMahal, if posable. Im sure the orig was done via Glass Plate. The ones i find on the internet have a low pixel #. Wondering if i can find an orig Ad if we could copy from it and get a good blowup.

Interesting PACKARD if u take a close look. They did a lot of playing with the colors on the car. Would assume from the instructions of the photographer Edward Steichen.

Posted on: 2020/12/19 9:21
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
So is the "80 or 90" for mph and is it correct data for a '33?

Posted on: 2020/12/23 20:15
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Are you asking about top speeds?

IIRC the prestigious British publication "Motor" in their road testing recorded 86.6 mph for a 1934 Eight sedan (1100). Twelves were individually tested at the Packard Proving Grounds and even the heavier body styles were capable of 90+ mph. These results should equally apply to 1933 models.

Posted on: 2020/12/23 20:42
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved