Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 105

29tons, indhd20s, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Owner Registry Update
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
The recent changes to PackardInfo have now extended to the Packard Owner's Registry. Big Kev, rather than resting on his laurels, is updating many aspects of this fine Website. Kudos to you Kev!

The changes encompassed in the Registry are:

-Restyling and cleaning up the format.

-Some options have been renamed and a few more added.

- A NEW Status field has been added so a Car can be seen to SOLD, JUNKED, SCRAPPED, etc. The default is CURRENT OWNER and the is what all the entries are currently set to. Once the Status field is changed to anything other than CURRENT OWNER, then that entry cannot be edited by the original poster, this to lock the record for posterity. By this Forum Members are encouraged to actually add their VIN and Engine Serials. That will allow us to automatically tie records together for the same car. So to help with this, a tick box next to the VIN and Engine Serial number to allow a Forum Member to show or hide those numbers when others are viewing it. That way the data is still available to the website behind the scenes but is not on public display.

- A NEW field for Theft Proof Number has been added. Similarly this has a tick box next to it to permit the Forum Member to show or hide those numbers when others are viewing it.

I encourage ALL Forum Members to review the Owner Registry entry for their Packard/s and include VIN and Engine Serial numbers which are currently missing. For those not wanting to display this information, it's simply a matter of "unticking" the box.

Similarly, get in there and add your Theft Proof Number to your entry, and "untick" the box if need be.

The more Theft Proof Numbers, VIN's and Engine Serial Numbers there are, I'm sure Owen_Dyneto will be more than happy. O_D has an ongoing research project analysing these numbers, so you can assist in his researh by providing yours.

If I can assist with anything pertaining to the Registry please contact me by PM or by Emailing ozstatman@gmail.com

Posted on: 2021/2/27 1:51
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Re: Owner Registry Update
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I also added fields to capture the original delivery Dealership and Delivery Date.

Hopefully, this info can be tied back to the dealership list as people include this information with their Registry entry.

Posted on: 2021/2/27 10:07
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Hi Mal; I tried to make some changes in my registry and lost picture for my 28, i was able to replace with new picture for the 28. Tried to upgrade the 42 and also lost picture and when I tried to replace it the outcome was up side down and could not correct. I hope the problem can be Big Keved. I would advise members not to make changes till fixed. keep up the extra effort that you do. Jon
P.S. some of the text for what had been done to cars was scrambled and unreadable.

Posted on: 2021/2/27 10:18

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Hmmm... I'm not seeing that and I edited several cars last night to clean up things. Only way the picture could drop is if the original picture was not a jpg and so when edited it remove it.

Just a comment, when editing, the picture is not displayed, but it is there. It would only be a problem if after editing and saving your changes, the picture disappears. So perhaps it's just a perception problem when editing since the picture is not displayed.

As far as the 'scramble text', the old control allowed for unsafe html content. So that all had to be stipped out. It should just be plain text field now. So some adjustment may be needed.

Posted on: 2021/2/27 10:57
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
One of the advantages to having all the info for your car in the registry, is the tie in with the decoder. Now when I search my VN, it shows be my exact engine serial, and paint/interior info:

Attach file:

jpg  ScreenShot 268.jpg (184.43 KB)
1_603a6c31b0996.jpg 1458X1820 px

Posted on: 2021/2/27 10:58
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Very cool...Onward and Upward...Ernie in Arizona.

Posted on: 2021/2/27 11:03
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Updated to show Theft Number as well if present.

Attach file:

jpg  ScreenShot 271.jpg (180.24 KB)
1_603a70e02fb02.jpg 1448X1814 px

Posted on: 2021/2/27 11:18
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Dell wrote:
Hi Mal; I tried to make some changes in my registry and lost picture for my 28, i was able to replace with new picture for the 28. Tried to upgrade the 42 and also lost picture and when I tried to replace it the outcome was up side down and could not correct. I hope the problem can be Big Keved. I would advise members not to make changes till fixed. keep up the extra effort that you do. Jon
P.S. some of the text for what had been done to cars was scrambled and unreadable.
Jon,

See Kev has responded.

However, regarding the photos, if still no joy, I could try to add them to your Registry entries if you can send them to my email - ozstatman@gmail.com. No guarantees but worth a shot.

Posted on: 2021/2/27 17:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Thanks Mal; I spent some more time and got the 42 corrected.

Posted on: 2021/2/27 20:18

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
In conjunction with the changes made to the Owner's Registry I have updated the FAQ - "Add your Packard to the Owner Registry" to account for the changes and additional fields now available. Link to Updated FAQ.

Posted on: 2021/2/27 21:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved