Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
99 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

52 200 Deluxe Touring Re-Rebuild!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

willits18
See User information
I had this ready to paint when my neighbors 100 ft tall (was) tree fell on it. You can't see to much from the rear, but the top, hood, and both front fenders were severely damaged. I bought a 51 to replace it, was going to rob necessary parts from the 52 as the mechanical is all done. I am having trouble parting with the 52 though. I may just keep both and take my time rebuilding the 52.

Attach file:

jpg  P3090008.JPG (468.12 KB)
69851_60607efe0676d.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/3/28 8:05
 Top  Print 

Re: 52 200 Deluxe Touring Re-Rebuild!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

willits18
See User information
Sorry for the duplicate pictures. I couldn't figure out how to delete 2 of them. The tree also took out my 65 Plymouth Fury, my garage, and my machine shop. Luckily we have Hagerty for the cars, and good homeowner's insurance. Well over $100,000 in damage.

Posted on: 2021/3/28 8:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Willits18,

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. You don't report any injuries, so that's good, but a real heartbreaker to see the cars and shop smashed up like that. Those old-growth trees sure can be a lurking menace. Hope your insurance companies step up and do their job. Best of luck. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/3/28 16:23
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

willits18 wrote:
Sorry for the duplicate pictures. I couldn't figure out how to delete 2 of them.

If you are logged in, when you find your already submitted post in the forum there should be an added EDIT and a DELETE button at the bottom of the post with the extra photos. Click on the EDIT button and when the page to compose the post shows there should now be a box and the word delete next to the photo title. Put a check in the box next to any photos you want to delete and resubmit the post. Extras should be gone.

Kev probably kept the length of time those extra buttons will appear at the same duration when he changed to the new forum software so the option to edit or delete a post will be gone after a day or two.

Posted on: 2021/3/28 16:37
Howard
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

willits18
See User information
Thanks Howard.
As far as the insurance goes I have Hagerty and they were great. Both cars were "totaled" and I got paid in a week. I think I found parts to repair both. For sure I need parts for the Plymouth. The Packard, I can straighten out if necessary-would be better to replace the hood and at least the left front fender. We'll see. I am taking a short road trip next month to find out.

Posted on: 2021/3/28 19:51
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved