Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1956 Accelerator Relay Lever Bushing
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Brandon
See User information
Hello everyone,

I was curious to know if there is a supplier for a replacement bushing for the accelerator relay lever on my 56 Patrician with Ultramatic. Mine is dried, cracked, and about ready to fall out. I didn't see anything from Steele. I also haven't contacted them directly but didn't see anything in either Kanter or Max Merritt’s catalogs.

Attach file:

jpeg  B60CB589-480E-4500-B75B-4B90AED15376.jpeg (50.13 KB)
457_606ce3c3d0983.jpeg 1280X958 px

Posted on: 2021/4/6 18:06
** 1956 Packard Patrician **
 Top  Print 

Re: 1956 Accelerator Relay Lever Bushing
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If Steele does not have it I doubt anyone else will either. You might be able to find something that would work in a modern grommet although I doubt any have as large a thin flange side diameter as the Packard item. McMaster-Carr has some grommets you might be able to make work. Check out grommets style 5, 7, or 8 and see if any of the dimensions will fit the metal hole and the thickness of the metal.https://www.mcmaster.com/grommets/grommets-6/

If no one has a better complete relay assy and no modern grommet can be found that is usable, if the old grommet can be removed in reasonably decent shape to use as a pattern, you could make repairs with clay or bondo then make a plaster or silicone mold of the original. After that it would be a matter of casting a few new exact copies out of urethane rubber.

Posted on: 2021/4/6 20:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Brandon
See User information
Thanks ill look into those and I hadn't thought of duplicating it. I haven't done that before. Everything restoration is still very new to me as I let my Patrician sit for quite a while. I was concerned with breaking getting it out to take a look at it and get measurements. Its pretty brittle. So I figured id ask before i broke it. In the mean time maybe PSW has one i can purchase so that I can try making a mold of mine.

Posted on: 2021/4/6 23:39
** 1956 Packard Patrician **
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
We all list only the most popular parts. Our 55-56 list is about 12 pages and the factory parts book is 300-400 pages.

We will research your needs, just send us a letter , call or e-mail and give us time to research your request.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2021/4/7 5:42
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved