Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Front seat frame and cushion
Just popping in
Just popping in

Ajrjer90
See User information
Hello everyone, I am a 55 year old new to the Packard world car enthusiast. I have been involved with cars my whole life but involved with cars in my era. I had a relative pass away and he left me a 1941 Packard 110. I did do some of his work on the car while he was still with us for the past year and a half. I am really starting to like this car and still have a lot to learn with these cars.

I was at Hershey this past week and ran into some knowledgeable Packard owners and they taught me some of the basic things about the vin number and stuff like that. They steered me to this site with my two questions since the questions are model and era specific.

First, I am trying to figure out how the seat frame secures to the seat cushion. I have attached some pics of how my seat frame slides up into the cushion. The frame had some fabrication done to it but does look Packard specific. I am hoping someone on this site can steer me in the right direction to get my seat secured to the frame.

Second question is about the fuel tank sender. Has anyone used a modern sender and got it to work for a 41? There is nothing left to my sender. It is just a cover now, everything has rotted away.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew Radic

1941 Packard 110 coupe
1976 Datsun 280Z
1984 VW Cabriolet

Attach file:

jpeg  154529C2-1A6A-4969-80A4-01A284093633.jpeg (360.31 KB)
225218_6164ce7b7bf43.jpeg 1920X1440 px

jpeg  BC635CD5-5D74-4C6B-9B7A-60DB6B949926.jpeg (420.91 KB)
225218_6164ce8e93a76.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/10/11 18:55

Andrew Radic

1941 Packard 110 coupe
1976 Datsun 280Z
1984 VW Cabriolet
 Top  Print 

Re: Seat cushion and seat frame
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Is this the front cushion? If so, nothing holds it in but pressure. The back gets pushed in under the backrest, then the front goes down into the frame where it stays in place by pressure. It’s been decades that I worked on a Packard of this era so someone with more recent knowledge might have corrections or additional comments to add.

I can’t advise on the sender if nothing is in the site’s X-Reference section but I am unaware of any modern direct-fit replacements unless someone is reproducing it specifically for Packard. I know that the tanks are not being reproduced but there are places that make custom senders,

Posted on: 2021/10/11 19:59
 Top  Print 

Re: Seat cushion and seat frame
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't believe you will find any modern sender that will work because more than likely the sender has an obsolete ohm range or some odd plumbing configuration and no one will make anything like a universal drop in.

KM Lifestyle custom makes repro senders for a lot of years.https://mykmlifestyle.com/KM_Lifestyle_Fuel_Senders.html

According to the KM website Packard may have used more than one mfg for the immediate prewar gauges so you might need to figure some way to view the back of the gauge and try and find a brand name in order to get the correct ohm range on the sender. Can't speak for all gauges but usually you will find something like S-W or K-S stamped on the case.

Posted on: 2021/10/11 20:49
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: Front seat frame and cushion
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Andrew(Ajrjer90),
to PackardInfo.

I invite you include your '41 110 Coupe in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2021/10/11 21:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Andrew, welcome aboard. Install the back rest of the front seat.
1. open both front doors. 2. Tilt the rear of the seat cushion up.
3. Get the front cushion nubs to catch in the holes of the front frame rail.
4. Push the rear of the seat cushion down.

Attach file:

jpeg  BA5855FB-D4C4-42D2-BCFF-D2F7577E06C8.jpeg (39.92 KB)
1067_61673f20c2855.jpeg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2021/10/13 15:15
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Ajrjer90
See User information
Thanks for the answers and the welcome gentleman.

Joe, any chance of getting a pic of the nubs? My frame/base might be missing these.

Thanks again for the help,

Posted on: 2021/10/13 17:40

Andrew Radic

1941 Packard 110 coupe
1976 Datsun 280Z
1984 VW Cabriolet
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved