Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

MY EMAIL (AOL) HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

5540Packards
See User information
IGNORE ANY EMAIL FROM ME THAT SEEMS STRANGE OR HAS ME REQUESTING MONEY!

Posted on: 2021/10/27 13:34
 Top  Print 

Re: MY EMAIL (AOL) HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Or shouting? No need for all-caps! You also don't need to post it over and over in each thread.

Anyway, hacking is a big problem particularly in private networks such as AOL. Stand-alone email servers can be hacked too but not nearly as easily.

However, it is not typically an issue of your mail having been hacked but rather that it has been spoofed which is very easy to do. Most email clients (software where you check and read mail) can change the sender's address to anything at all so likely someone you know who has your address in their Contacts had their PC hacked and the address was taken from there or else it was posted somewhere where it was harvested and sold.

Posted on: 2021/10/27 13:58
 Top  Print 

Re: MY EMAIL (AOL) HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I ignore any email that requests money. When I was overseas I got death threats about money after I told them I turned their email over to the FBI.

If they figured out your passwords for stuff like email, junkbay, paypal, junkazon, junkbook, junktube, your bank account, etcetera, then they could do some serious damage.

I use fake names for security things like my mother's name, where I went to school and what not. I filled up my googol data records with so much fake garbage they shut it off and won't let me use googol. Good riddance as that place is run by spoiled brats who never had any contact with ethnic minorities.

I still use the mail as much a possible. The banks don't like it because it creates work for people they want to fire and render homeless.

As well, I don't have a picture phone and my computer is turned off except for four hours a day.

Posted on: 2021/10/27 16:00
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved