Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

SCAMMER ON Packard Info
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Rich1028
See User information
Hi,
Wanted to alert everyone to a scammer on the website. The ID name of this person is Saddj. He is a new user...just joined up at Christmas. Even with this scammer ID'd, these clowns will simply just get a new username and try to scam again. Just be careful as scammers are out there.
Here is what happened:
I posted a couple weeks ago about needing a set of window wings for a 1930 Packard Roadster 7-40. I got a reply from this Saddj character that a man by the name of Sam has a set of these in good condition ready to sell. I noticed that Saddj's location was in the UK (my first point of suspicion). He included an email for Sam at bornicesam@gmail.com. So I emailed Sam asking for some pictures of the wings. He sent me one picture of an old window wing and immediately asked for an address to send and payment info from me. I asked him for more photos of the wings which he was not able to provide because he "did not have them". Here is the best...he said he wants $90...yes, read that right, ninety bucks for the set of wings, but that I needed to send a paypal payment to his wife's address and send it only as "friends and family". For those of you that don't know, when you send a payment via paypal as "friends and family", you lose any/all fraud protection/coverage from paypal. make sure when you do send "friends and family" that you have an agreement and actually know that person well.
Obviously, this is all a scam. Nobody is selling a set of window wings that are in good shape for a 1930 Roadster for 90 bucks.
So, be on the lookout for these scam artist scumbags. If it doesn't look right, it usually isn't. I know right away that this was likely a bunch of BS.
Not sure who we need to talk to, but this Saddj clown should be removed from the site.

Posted on: 2022/1/5 14:20
 Top  Print 

Re: SCAMMER ON Packard Info
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’ve seen other spammers and scammers here and typically report them directly to BigKev who removed them. Although BigKev is in recovery now from an illness, it wouldn’t hurt to send it to him for when he is back on his feet.

Posted on: 2022/1/5 14:57
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Rich1028
See User information
Ok, will do!
Thanks,
Rich

Posted on: 2022/1/5 14:59
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Packard Joe
See User information
I have a similar story, same ID, and reported it earlier today. Suggest all to be cautious in general and especially with this individual.

Posted on: 2022/1/5 15:48
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Rich1028
See User information
Also, the photo that the clown sent me was from 2040 parts online website...didnt even match the one for my car....lol

Posted on: 2022/1/5 15:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I had that happen when looking for a steering wheel for my 1965 Imperial LeBaron on another site, The photo send was from a steering wheel restoration site and I recognized it instantly. If the price is too good to be trie, that’s because it’s a scam.

Posted on: 2022/1/5 19:27
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I was contacted.by the same character in response to my search for dovetail for my 39 convertible coupe. Sounded legit initially but I am glad that I saw the scam notice.
I have had prior scam artists try to secure funds for products or to pay for items offered for sale, but these have been on eBay or Google sites.
It is discouraging that someone has targeted this site
I hope the offender is removed from membership since he contacted me by personal email from the site.f

Posted on: 2022/1/6 8:54
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Rich1028
See User information
Replying to this thread to move it to the top of the discussion board.

Scam targeting of Packard Info site:

User: Saddj

Uses numerous personal emails to solicit funds via paypal, venmo, etc.

He has no items for sale and will take your money. I googled the items he sent me that he has for sale and they are photos from other sites on the net.

****But Beware....this person will simply get a new account, change their user name and continue scamming.
Dont be a victim and ensure you talk to the person you are doing business with, check the photos, ask for additional specific photos, and always pay through a site that offers protection. Only use friends and family if you trust that person.

Posted on: 2022/1/6 9:19
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I've deactivated his account. Thanks

Posted on: 2022/1/6 11:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I use to get of a lot of scam-mail, but not anymore. Told them I was sending their note to the FBI.

When I was overseas we got death threats for telling them we were forwarding their notes to the security services. That was a great laugh.

I always felt the smart thing for the USA to do during World War One was to let Germany fund their planned Mexican invasion of the Southwest. That would be much less expensive than going across the Atlantic.

Posted on: 2022/1/7 19:05
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved