Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 121

Geocap, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1934 light switch
Just popping in
Just popping in

FV#7
See User information
Helping a friend reassemble a 1934 straight eight limo and wiring issues. We have not mounted the headlights or tailights yet, just the front fender parking lights.Not working but we find we appear to have only 2 positions on the hub lever, not 4 as they call for. If I use a test light, I do have power on the "B" 10ga black feed wire at the bottom of the steering column but nothing to the park lights when I move the hub lever, any position. If I jumper between the feed wire and "p" terminal, I still get no park light on. Other questions but has anyone had experience with this hub light switch? Thank you. Greg

Posted on: 2022/1/10 15:32
 Top  Print 

Re: 1934 light switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Here's the switch wiring from the 1934 Service Letters. And the A.E.A. data page for the 33 Super which is essentially the same. Those headlights with the triple filament Mazda 3003 bulbs is a 1933 and 1934 only feature for Packard. The switch is also unique to the 1933/1934 Packards, made by RBM.

Attach file:

jpg  34 Light Switch.JPG (61.86 KB)
177_61dcbd75006f8.jpg 835X928 px

jpg  33 34 headlamp.jpg (470.59 KB)
177_61dcbd9ee04de.jpg 1273X1755 px

Posted on: 2022/1/10 18:13
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

FV#7
See User information
Thanks Owen, I have those wiring diagrams. I was hoping someone could explain the mechanical side of the light switch for me . As I stated, I only seem to have three positions, off, one detent, then second detent.
My second question is why I don't get a park light on when I jumper from "B" to "P"
terminal on the switch? Thanks

Posted on: 2022/1/11 10:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
There's 1 other thing that will have you scratching your head til it bleeds. The horn cover has slots for both the warm up throttle and light switch. There's a clearance notch on each side. The headlight side is much longer, or wider if you will. If they're inverted you won't have full range of headlight switch function. Hard to tell on and 8 or Su8 because the horn button has round details, no top and bottom like a 12. Just tossing it into the mix.

Posted on: 2022/1/11 10:33
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

FV#7
See User information
Thanks, horn cover on the right way, long slot for the light lever. Should you feel 4 distinct detents as you move the lever?

Posted on: 2022/1/11 15:06
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, the detents are precise and distinctly felt.

Posted on: 2022/1/11 16:25
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day FV#7,
to PackardInfo.

Could I ask you to invite your friend to include his '34 Limo in the Packard Vehicle Registry?

Posted on: 2022/1/11 16:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

FV#7
See User information
Thanks. Guess I will try and remove the switch from the bottom of the column and take apart to see if I can find out why only 2 of 4 detents.
Is there any info about how to remove and disassemble switch?

Posted on: 2022/1/12 11:26
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

FV#7
See User information
Will try and get info for registry.

Posted on: 2022/1/12 11:29
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

FV#7
See User information
Hi Owen. I noticed in one of the forum topics when you were helping a fellow on the light switch issue that you refer to 33-34 parts list on the site. I can't seem to locate that. Can you please let me know how I access that. Thanks for your help, Much appreciated.

Posted on: 2022/1/12 17:18
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved