Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 217

Don B, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1934 eight oil pan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bill Hawley
See User information
I took the cover off the bottom of the oil pan that is below the canister screen (?). Not sure if that is the right way to describe it. Does that bowl or canister just pop out or is there some recommended technique for removing it?

Posted on: 2022/2/12 18:09
 Top  Print   

Re: 1934 eight oil pan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's the filter screen for the oil pump intake. As I recall, all it should take to remove is a little wiggle with your fingers but I've got a spare pump and screen on the shelf and will check later to verify.

Posted on: 2022/2/12 18:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Slap a strong magnet on it and pull, or carefully coax out with a 90 pick or two, or feed a piece of thin wire through it and pull.

Posted on: 2022/2/13 12:45
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bill Hawley
See User information
Tim, thank you for taking the time to look at this and to get back to me. I really appreciate it. I was worried that the screen maybe was indexed onto something above or hooked onto something. If I understand you correctly,it just kind of 'snugs' into position? Anyway, I'll try what you suggested. Thank you.

Posted on: 2022/2/13 14:30
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bill Hawley
See User information
Owen and Tim, thank you both for you assistance. I did get the filter screen out. It is most helpful to get notes from somebody that actually knows.

Posted on: 2022/2/15 13:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved